A splash pad is on its way in College Park, and in August we opened an off-leash dog park as part of the fabulous evolution of Memorial Park. And even more is to come! We have an excellent track record of adding facilities, and I will be at committee and council meetings to ensure that this trend continues and the communities of Ward 5 get what we need.
- Co-Hosted the Annual Oak Park Fall Fair for the last 12 years. An event that saw over 4,000 participants this past year and is one of the largest and most anticipated community events in Oakville.
- Achieved funding and support needed for the development of Memorial Park as an active community focal point with playground, washrooms, community garden and an off-leash dog park.
- Organized and hosted Annual Remembrance Day Ceremonies at Trafalgar Memorial every year since 2006.
- Organized and hosted community outdoor movie nights and Town Hall meetings.
- Oversaw the planning and implementation of our first Oakville Public Library Creation Zone at Iroquois Ridge, the renovation of the White Oaks Branch and the planning for a new Sixteen Mile Branch opening in early 2019.
It is my immense pleasure to endorse Jeff Knoll for the re-election of Regional & town Councilor in Ward 5. I have known Jeff since 2009 and worked with him in numerous community events. I always admire Jeff dedication to the community betterment. He is hardworking, honest, tireless, detail oriented. He wholeheartedly supports growth small businesses in Oakville. I am absolutely delighted that he wants to stay in the council and serve the community, because Oakville needs more of Jeff Knoll and he has lot more to offer.
- Raja Kuppuswamy, Ward 5 Resident