I’ve heard from many Ward 5 residents who have been impacted by changes to air traffic and imposed on us. My family is affected, too, as we live directly under the downward leg and experience the unwelcome noise.
I have stood and fought against this federal issue for the last five years, advocating for all of us with our Members of Parliament, NavCanada, Transport Canada, and the Greater Toronto Airports Authority. I have kept this issue in the media and top of mind for federal planners – so much so that Ward 5 itself was home to a new Noise Monitoring Terminal from the GTAA.
This is a long-term fight, and one that I will not give up on. I made a promise for my constituents, neighbours, and my own family, and I intend to keep it.
- Chair of Mayor’s Advisory Group on air traffic and noise
- Secured a seat for Halton Region and became the representative on Toronto Pearson’s Community Environment & Noise Advisory Committee (CENAC).
- Successfully lobbied to get a noise monitoring terminal in North Oakville and had the GTAA noise complaint reporting radius extended to include Oakville.
- Halton council blasts Pearson reps for overhead flight noise (Independent Free Press)
- Oakville takes aim at reducing Pearson airplane noise (Oakville Beaver)
- Get further background on NAV CANADA, standard terminal arrival routes, and International Civil Aviation Organization standards here. https://www.oakville.ca/townhall/mnr-17dec11.html
"I have worked with Jeff for the past 4 years through his position as Chairman of the Mayor's Airport Noise Advisory Group and his position as Halton representative on the Community Environment and Noise Advisory Committee of the Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA). Jeff's proactive work in the area of aircraft noise reduction has been a significant factor in the improvements that Oakville and Halton residents will begin to enjoy this fall. His tenacity helped to elicit action by Nav Canada and the GTAA and he was instrumental in a change of attitude toward community noise concerns at those organizations. Having worked with Jeff in committee, seeing his involvement with community activities and his dedication to the residents of Oakville and Halton, I take pleasure in endorsing his candidacy."
- David Inch
Captain B-787 (Ret'd) | Technical Consultant, Toronto Aviation Noise Group | Member, Oakville Mayor's Noise Advisory Group