It is a sacred trust for me that taxpayer dollars must be respected and spent efficiently and transparently. I will continue to keep the cost of government down while providing the services and infrastructure our families and community members want and need.
At both the region and town, these are ongoing goals for us. I will ensure that we stay on course with this, while finding continuous improvements. I am proud that at both levels of government, we have successfully kept tax increases below the rate of inflation – and trending even lower.
As a small business owner, I know the importance of sound financial management, and I will continue to make it a priority for you.
- Employed nearly 400 Oakville residents since 2000 as CEO of Film.Ca (formerly Encore Cinemas).
- Assisted many young people in getting their first jobs, and supported students who are pursuing education in film at Sheridan College.
- Delivered on funding commitment for our new hospital with NO tax increases utilizing green energy and strategic internet and fiber optic investments through Oakville Hydro.
- Lead the Oakville Public Library through a reorganization and future planning process for the transformation of our branches across Oakville. They will become modern and relevant community resources with a blend of traditional print and digital materials, unique services and programs and opportunities for creativity and collaboration.
- Frequent Member and Past Chair of Town budget committee.
"In short, he cares, he shows up daily, he lives the Oakville vision. A tireless worker, some how he’s on the Police Services Board, Chairs the Oakville Library Board, constantly pushing Ward 5 forward for the residents, active in Oak Park Neighbourhood Centre and is CEO of Film.Ca Cinemas, clearly the best theatre experience in the Region. To be recognized as ‘the best place to live’ it takes the integrity and tenacity of people like Jeff Knoll."
- Paul McNally, Oakville Resident